Scene

Scene

The Beginning is the End

On the Road from l'Ane Vert, Morocco. April 2014
Leaving l'Ane Vert
...and the end is the beginning. Being complete means being at the beginning, yet knowing that the end is not elsewhere, in space or in time.

I migrated there and I migrated back. I made my little loop, I completed a cycle. More specifically, I donated The Hermit Crab to the l'Ane Vert community in Morocco and made my way back to Switzerland pulling a little cart behind me that I built by African standards: rusty iron rods and junk wheels hammered together with scrap wood and nails. I then walked, hitchhiked, took local buses, trains, and a boat to cross morocco, Spain, and France.

By some miracle, my rusty cart held together until 10 minutes before getting to my house, where my tires were so worn that I was rolling on the inner tube, and it punctured. Pretty nice timing.

So here I am, at the starting point, without bike or crab, the same as before it even started. Exactly the same, as far as the material world is concerned. And yet, I have something more, a little more understanding. Understanding of the cyclical nature of life, and the world. Birth and death is the same process. Materially, you end up just where you started, no difference. You may find that despairing, and you would be right. The material world, stripped from it's spiritual essence, is pointless and despairing. That's why we are scared of death, that's why we wear seatbelts. But if we understand that the end is the beginning, yet with the acquired wisdom that the world is cyclical, not linear, we start to touch this underlying spiritual side.
It is not pointless at all, or despairing - it is in fact rich, and beautiful, and deep beyond anything you can imagine. And we must remind ourselves that this world isn't far away and unattainable, it's right here and right now for all of us. Like all of us, I am more than just my body. I am a cycle, and nothing will stop that cycle.

Thank you for listening folks, and may whatever come!


No comments:

Post a Comment